GOG Offers 27 Free Games to Help You Pass the Time at Home
We’re all spending a lot more time indoors lately, and that can be hard on people who are accustomed to getting out there and interacting with their fellow humans. If you need something to help pass the time, GOG has a collection of 27 free games. The “Stay at home and play some games” page includes some new games, some old games, and a few very old games.
All the games on this list were already free, but now they’re listed in one place for easy access. Separately, GOG is having a spring sale that runs through the end of the month if you want to pick up some newer, more complex games. That said, there’s some cool stuff in the “stay at home” list. Here’s the full collection.
- Akalabeth: World of Doom
- Alder’s Blood Prologue
- Beneath a Steel Sky
- Bio Menace
- Builders of Egypt: Prologue
- Doomdark’s revenge
- Eschalon: Book I
- Flight of the Amazon Queen
- GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
- Hello Neighbor Alpha Version
- Jill of the Jungle: The Complete Trilogy
- Legend of Keepers: Prologue
- The Lords of Midnight
- Lure of the Temptress
- Overload – Playable Teaser
- Postal: Classic and Uncut
- Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves
- Shadow Warrior Classic Complete
- Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius
- Treasure Adventure Game
- Tyrian 2000
- Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar
- Ultima World of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams
- Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire
GOG is part of CD Projekt Red, so it’s no surprise the free-to-play Gwent card game is on the list. That’s one of the newer, more well-known titles you’ll find on the page. There are also some demos and previews from the last couple of years.
The most interesting entries on the page are the classic games like Beneath a Steel Sky (1994), Bio Menace (1993), and Stargunner (1996). You can even go way, way back to the dawn of video games with Ultima 4 (1985) and Akalabeth: World of Doom (1979). So, go enjoy some classic games while you wait out this pandemic.
- COVID-19 Pushes Steam to Record Number of Active Users
- Epic Games CEO Says Android Is ‘Fake Open’ but Apple Is Even Worse
- Nvidia Launches GeForce Now: $5 Monthly Subscription, Free Tier